Sunday, February 21, 2010

Burgers and fries, anyone?

It's time to cook, again! Here are my ingredients, above, on how I make homemade oven fried potatoes. I rinse, peel and slice the potatoes. I add garlic powder, salt, pepper, Parsley flakes, paprika and olive oil in a bowl, mix together to coat all the potatoes. I set the oven to 400 degrees. I place the coated potatoes on a lined foil, sprayed with Pam substitute, and space the potatoes so that they are not overlapping each other.
In the oven they go! Now time to prepare the patties. I season them with Season all, garlic powder, and pepper. On the George they go! The lean mean grilling machine. I like it because it lets all that fat (grease) roll off the grill.
After they grilled on the George, I took them off, added cheese to melt from the heat of the patties. Now it is time to plate. I roasted the buns in the oven, to warm and crisp up a bit. In the mean time I prepared the lettuce, onions and cucumbers.


Now my husband tells me that he does not want cucumber, he wants pickles and jalepenos, but he is out of the jalepenos in the jar. We had some peppers left over from we made the bacon wrapped shrimp, he made me on Valentine's day, instead of buying me roses, he spent that money on shrimp! woohoo isn't that sweet?! Besides roses only last so long and plus they just sit there and look pretty, believe me I would rather have something tasty, like his world famous barbequed bacon, cream cheese, jalapeno, shrimp wrapped grilled yumminest! Anyways, sorry I got off track there, so now I take out the leftover jalapenos and throw them on the George and saute them. I finally plate my hamburger and fries, and well he could not wait, my camera ran out of juice so I could not take a pic of his whole hamburger, he cut it in half, and I found some double A's to restore the juice to my camera and here is a shot of his burger.


And here is mine. He loves ketshup, me not so much! =)


Hamburger, fries and ice cold beer, what more could you want?!

All of this meal is fat free, except the buns, the day I was shopping they did not have any wheat fat free buns. But believe me you can eat this good, and not have to suffer taste. Okay Okay, so the beer isnt fat free or is the bun, but come on, we cant have it all! Hee hee , I am not the one that needs its cake and eat it too! Happy eating lite! You got a lite dish you want to share with me? I would love to hear from you!






No comments:

Post a Comment